Indonesia Send Humanitarian Aid for Earthquake-Affected Communities Myanmar


Jakarta - Foreign Minister Sugiono said that the Indonesian government will send humanitarian aid to communities affected by the earthquake in Myanmar on Thursday (3/4/2025).

‘So, we are responding to what Myanmar has said after the earthquake yesterday. We are currently preparing it, and the plan is to send the aid tomorrow,’ said Sugiono, in Jakarta, Wednesday (2/4/2025).

Sugiono said that the Indonesian government itself had sent a team to the earthquake-affected location in Myanmar since Monday (31/3).

Previously, the Indonesian government sent humanitarian aid for earthquake victims in Myanmar, involving a number of agencies including the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB), the Indonesian National Defence Forces (TNI), the Ministry of Health, and the National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas), from Halim Perdana Kusuma Airport, Jakarta, Tuesday (1/4/2025).

The aid includes logistics, evacuation tents, and a search and rescue team, which was dispatched using three TNI aircraft.

As for Tuesday (1/4/2025), the death toll from the powerful earthquake that rocked Myanmar rose to 2,719, with 4,521 injured and more than 400 others missing, according to a report by China Central Television (CCTV).